Procrastinating is easy, but you can use the Pomodoro Technique to stay focused and productive. Learn this vital technique and stay ahead in your academics.
The Pomodoro Technique was introduced and developed in the late 1980s. The techniques were to chop off tasks into smaller time frames to utilize every individual’s productivity time, whether it be an employee or a student who is working on their bulky task. Particularly the goal is to reduce interruptions both externally and internally.
Twenty-five is to five (25:5); this is the easiest way to remember the Pomodoro Technique. The Pomodoro effect was for product strategy and time management strategy. An individual must be productive and focused for 25 minutes and must take a rest of 5 minutes to refresh the mind and feel better.
Pomodoro Technique’s usefulness can be optimized as follows:
- Plan. Just like schooling, you need to plan in advance. The Pomodoro effect may be very functional based on the laid plan for the day or even a week. Plan your Pomodoro together with a specific task. Put time on every task, then include the Pomodoro.
- Alarm yourself. Use an actual timer. Pomodoro Technique timer functions well if time is well managed. You can use an alarm clock from your smartphone or a timer. Any of the two will do. If you are working in an office, make sure that you don’t disturb others, you should not distract others from their work. It would be best if you also respected them. Remember that your productivity time varies.
- Personalize. You can personalize your Pomodoro Technique. You can have it as 25:5, or others want it as 50:10, and some want it 75:15; it depends on your will. As you plan your application, you can have it varying for a week. You can have it vary on a daily basis, you decide. It is flexible depending on the user.
Pomodoro Technique’s Goals:
- Efficiency. As you use this technique timer, you help yourself be more effective and efficient on your tasks.
- Uninterrupted. Since you are focused on using the Pomodoro Technique, you are practicing your focus on the task you set on your plan. You’re uninterrupted since you’re doing Pomodoro.
There is actually a pool of apps on Google Playstore and IOS App stores that may probably help you enjoy this technique.
Some of such have vibrant designs that are very attractive to the eyes with Responsive designs that commonly works for both computers and smartphones. Color transitions are also some of the beautiful features of some Pomodoro Technique apps; they help you decide the color themes you want and motivate your mood to work.
One of the best features of some Pomodoro effect apps available is their timers that may be set on your preferred interval and alarm sounds. Notifications on these apps also help you enjoy the Pomodoro Technique. Nevertheless, it is all up to you on how you will use this Technique.
The 5 Major steps on using the Pomodoro technique
- Identify the tasks to be done. Make a list; this must be on your top list. Without this, the Technique will definitely fail.
- Go to your Pomodoro App ( regular timer will do) and set the time frame you opt to use. Remember the intervals you need to have to enjoy it fully. If you still don’t have one, you can always go online for helping websites like this one. Ask here so we can help you.
- Start work! You don’t have all day to set and set what needs to be done. Work on it, so it doesn’t pile up. Remember, the essence of this Technique is to help you do more tasks effectively.
- Stop when time hits the target. It is no longer called Pomodoro Technique if you do not follow the timer you have set earlier. You’ll get used to it; just do it regularly.
- Longer Pomodoros, longer rest. If you used 4 Pomodoro’s, you are entitled to a break that ranges from 15-30 minutes. Don’t be too hard on yourself. You deserve breaks.
After using Pomodoro, it is best to:
- Review and edit the finished task. Correct what needs correction and revise the content if possible. This is advisable if you have finished the task before the timer runs.
- Reflect on what you have done. Ask yourself what you have learned from the passage or activities you have done. In every task or activity, make sure that you have picked up something that will probably help you in the future. Pomodoro is helpful in this.
- Update the list you have created for your Pomodoro. If a task is done, adjust the next one. If you have an Application for this, set it as it should adjust by itself so that it will not cut any of your time.
- Move away from the monitor of your computer or gadget. You need to take the rest to regain your strength and focus. It also lessens radiations and eye strains.
- Stretch, move, walk, deep breaths, do what makes you feel relaxed. You deserve those little breaks. Enjoy that.
Frequently, there are instances that all you need to have is to use your common sense. Pomodoro Technique may improve your common sense. It will help you choose and prioritize tasks according to their difficulty. Some want it from Difficult to easy, and some want it as Easy to Difficult. Either way, you have to decide for yourself.
Challenge yourself using this technique to improve self-efficacy through time-pressured activities. Make this a habit, and you will not notice that you are actually doing it daily without the help of any apps. Do you want to know more about the Assignment Help Service because you are still having a hard time deciding how you can use Pomodoro Technique and more? Worry no more; help is here. Visit and ask for help from professional websites.
Kunal Vaghasiya is the writing adviser at Cheapestessay site for International students that seek rapid paper assistance. Kunal shares helpful suggestions on writing, productivity, study, references. Occasionally Kunal goes off-topic by discussing his personal experience peppered with playful humour.